Chinese Chess From China

Today I'm going to share with you all with one of my collection.
It is a Chinese Chess Set, made from elephant tusks. (I don't know whether it is true or not.)



Chinese chess is one of the most popular games in the world, played by millions upon billions of people.



I bought this chess from China few years back for a quite reasonable price so I doubt it was made from elephant tusks.



This particular chess set is tailored to the theme of the bloodiest and famous period in Chinese history known as the The Three Kingdoms period. The chess pieces are designed like characters from the "Three Kingdoms".



Each of the characters has been given great detail.



However both side of the chess unit are duplicate. Too bad.





Now the chess unit still under my bed. Got no place to display it. = (
Hope to get a new display cabinet to put it.

p/s: I need your help to click on my sponsor advertisement so that I got money to buy new cabinet. Haha. = )

Related Posts with Thumbnails

9 Comments:

  • hahah just clicked!

    By Blogger Cassandra, at 10:24 AM  

  • Thanks Cassandra, so touched... ^_^

    By Blogger Dragon City, at 11:48 PM  

  • that chess is so unique. nice piece of art.

    By Blogger Superman, at 12:01 AM  

  • Hoho, beautiful chess set!

    By Anonymous Neo, at 12:50 PM  

  • HAHA.... I only saw that chess once~!! after that no more in sight.. keke

    By Blogger JiNG, at 6:09 PM  

  • why din bought 1 set for me...

    By Blogger eWei, at 8:46 PM  

  • Thanks Neo & Superman, that's why I bought it. = p

    Jing, haha.. true true, want to sponsor my display cabinet?

    eWei, I bought you other stuff ma..

    By Blogger Dragon City, at 10:32 AM  

  • That is a very nice and detailed chess pieces u got there. Lucky you to have found those.

    By Anonymous BlurryLeo, at 10:27 PM  

  • BlurryLeo, thanks. I also felt like that but need a place to put it... = )

    By Blogger Dragon City, at 12:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home