The secret behind St. Paul's Church @ Macau

Today I'm going to reveal the secret behind the St. Paul's Church at Macau.

St. Paul's Church was so famous until there is a said that if you don't visit the St. Paul's, then you haven't been to Macau.

Ok. Let's go.

Let us look at the hidden map. Hmm. Which way should I follow?





First, I had to walk through this small alley between those nicely build ancient building.





Then the alley become smaller and smaller with more and more people.
What these people doing here? No need to work ah?





After 15 minutes of walk, I finally reach here.
Voila!! The St.Paul's church!





Too far away?
Let get a closer look of it.





Let me walk closer a bit more.
What I can said is the Church was really nicely build with the knowledge and technology they have back in 1602.





Let us turn around and look back down!
Wah!! So many people taking photo!





I'm going to bring you to the side of the Church and see what we have there?





From different angle..






Ok ok.. nothing much here.

It is time to go in and see what is the secret behind the St. Paul's Church.







It is EMPTY!!

NO SECRET!!


Haha, just kidding.
Actually this Church had suffered from 3 different fire accidents. The last one was on 1st January 1835 and the whole church was almost razed to the ground except the front wall which is the one we looking at now.

This wall that survived from the fire were 27 meters tall, 23.5 meters wide, and 2.7 meters thick.

27 meters doesn't count the staircase. But this is still not the top of Macau.


Stay tuned.

Next, I'm going to bring you to the Top of Macau!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

7 Comments:

  • these r super shots thanks for sharing. reminds me a little of Melaka

    By Blogger Bengbeng, at 7:32 PM  

  • Beng Beng,
    Thanks!! Yeah, it looks like aFamosa too..hehe

    By Blogger Dragon City, at 11:11 PM  

  • Wow..so only the wall is left!!

    By Blogger hi, at 11:51 PM  

  • Nice pictures! I was there with my family on holiday last year, and now I'm studying in Hong Kong... so Macau is close and looking at your picturs bring back fond memories of my family! Thank you :)

    By Blogger Unknown, at 12:00 AM  

  • Stephen,
    Yeah, only left the wall and the base.

    PoisonKagero,
    Thanks. Glad you like the photos.
    Stay tune, there is more coming up.
    ^_^

    By Blogger Dragon City, at 2:01 AM  

  • did u eat the pou tart???*-*~very nice one!!!~

    By Blogger jocelyncoco, at 3:34 AM  

  • coco,
    I didn't manage to get the pou tart. = (

    I saw a lot of shop selling but didn't go and buy...aiya..

    By Blogger Dragon City, at 10:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home