"Sai Yong" - A Food Must Try In Hong Kong

After watching the TVB series, "You're Hired", I was a little bit obsessed with this mini wantan noodle which is called as "細蓉" (Sai Yong) by the local people here at Hong Kong.



So when I was traveling to Hong Kong lately for working, I took the opportunity to try it out. This restaurant was located at Jordan, near to the MTR station exit. (Next to the Australia Dairy Co.)



The menu, I can't read a single word!! Sigh..




So what so special about this "Sai Yong"?

It is SMALL!!





Haha, yes, it is very small indeed. Can finish in few bites.

Actually the special thing about it is the thing hidden under the noodle.

Let see what it is?





The treasure underneath the noodle is the superb fresh shrimp wantans.
It was so juicy and fresh!!

Beside that, 'Sai Yong' is served in a very unique way.
First, they place the spoon at the bottom of the bowl.
Then on top of the spoon, they put the shrimp wantans
.
After that, the noodle is put on top of everything. Finally, the soup will be poured on top of the noodle.

This way, the noodle will be not be overcooked inside the hot soup. ^_^

This is what I heard from the TVB series actually. Haha.


Below is the best I can do with my drawing on how it look like. Lolz
Hope you know what I draw.



Conclusion, it worth a try if you ever come to Hong Kong.
But of course don't purposely fly to Hong Kong for this, then it not worth it. Hehe

Related Posts with Thumbnails

11 Comments:

  • I definitely will go to try if I got the chance. ^^

    By Anonymous Caffery, at 11:23 AM  

  • I watched that drama too. I will sure try it out if I ever had the chance to go there.

    By Blogger Superman, at 11:55 AM  

  • I think I need like 10 bowls to fill myself up lol

    By Blogger Spicy Sharon, at 5:28 PM  

  • haha 麦提爽 :D

    By Blogger Kelvin, at 10:07 PM  

  • *sigh* I'm salivating! Haha.. nice drawing but shouldn't the noodles be yellow? :)

    By Blogger CrazySouled, at 2:56 AM  

  • Yummy!!! Sai Yung.. I hope to try it..

    By Anonymous Gan, at 9:47 PM  

  • wah yummyy..
    i wanna try it! =D

    kenwooi.com

    By Blogger Ken Wooi, at 12:41 AM  

  • mr tang drawing really need to improve..like kindergarden.....^^

    By Blogger eWei, at 7:58 AM  

  • Caffery,
    Remember to take photo and blog about it. = )

    Superman,
    Can plan for Christmas lor since now AirAsia got promo. = p

    Mizzsharon,
    Sure bor? 10 bowl? haha... Tapao?

    Kelvin,
    What that mean? I don't know chinese... hehe

    CrazySouled,
    Haha.. next time I will use yellow... Forgot what is the noodle color !! =.="

    Gan,
    Wonder if they sell it here or not...

    Kenwooi,
    I tapao for you, want? Need to add DHL delivery charges..hehe

    eWei,
    Crap. Sien lar, need to fly again next week. =.="

    By Blogger Dragon City, at 10:45 AM  

  • I've been travelled to HK for many times, but never heard about such food called Sai Yong b4.

    By Anonymous The 8th Voyager, at 5:53 PM  

  • The 8th Voyager,
    Mean you had not discover enough. Haha. = )

    By Blogger Dragon City, at 6:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home