Where I eat in Brunei?

Where I eat in Brunei?

Basically Brunei foods are very similar to Malaysian foods. They have Chinese food, Malay food and those franchise japanese, korean, thai food as well.

First of all, let me bring you to one of the Chinese Ala Thai restaurant. It is called I-Lotus.



It is located at Kampung Rimba. This place was quite packed if you went there during dinner time.

Jeremy, Me and Joyce. Thanks to Jeremy for showing us around.


It has nice warm ambiance too.



The food was OK. Would rated it as 7/10. But the price a bit expensive.

Next, I will bring you to cheaper place. It is a pure Chinese restaurant at Gadong.
Yes! It's Thiam Hock Restaurant.

It has the best "Curry Fish Head" in Brunei (People told me one.)
But for me, these 2 dishes are the best from them. = )



This is called as MILIN (Paku Pakis). My all time favourite vegetable.


Ok, now what next?

Lets go for some Japanese Food!! This place have the BEST SUSHI that I had before.
Takara, located at Centrepoint Gadong.



The salmon was so fresh and thick. I can't find any place in Malaysia that have that kind of quality.

Me and my colleague, Joyce.


And we have more, next we moving to Fast Food.

It is not KFC or McD but Jollibee. Actually I had blog about this before. For full review, kindly refer to Jollibee Experience At Brunei



From Fast Food, let's go for some Nasi Katok. One of the famous stall is named as Nasi Katok MAMA. And for full review, kindly refer to The Famous Nasi Katok Mama ( Brunei )

It is cheap and nice. Only cost BND 1.00


Another good place to find food and internet access is Cheez Box.
You can have food and internet access at the same time. How nice...

I didn't manage to snap any photo of the food. = (


And lastly, the best place to find food in Brunei is Pasar Gadong (Gadong Wet Market).



Basically you can find any food you want here just like our "pasar malam".


That's all for today. I need to sleep already. ^_^ More to come...stay tuned.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

8 Comments:

  • wah, very nice food! That third pic... the food was served in a block of wood (O.O)... what is it? looks like seafood or chicken...

    Brunei is definitely one of the places i should visit next... especially when you said the sushi is better LOL. I love japanese food and I have yet to find a really good restaurant here in malaysia that is not so expensive!

    thanks for sharing...

    cheers!

    By Blogger Ihsan Khairir, at 5:18 PM  

  • Sushi you can also try Excapade. lol. Quite nice as well :D very popular among bruneians.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:16 PM  

  • Ihsan Khairir, that suppose to be bamboo fish. = )
    Yeah, the sushi really the best I ever had. haha

    Wayeyoung, I had try that as well. It is a bit cheaper but still, Takara Sushi is the best of the best. = p

    By Blogger Dragon City, at 9:40 PM  

  • the paku-pakis nice meh?@@' i never eat before i think XD~*

    By Blogger jocelyncoco, at 10:58 PM  

  • When you wanna franchise Jollibee here in KL? Cheez Box provides you with such huge LCD screen to use ah? Every table has it?

    By Anonymous Neo, at 10:54 AM  

  • Coco, it is very very very NICE!! You should try it. hehe. = p

    Neo, I have one problem, MONEY.
    Btw, most of the table on Cheez Box have LCD and PC. Really nice environment there. = P

    By Blogger Dragon City, at 7:49 PM  

  • Wah, looks like Brunei got alot of nice food!

    By Anonymous DC, at 4:44 PM  

  • DC, yes. Actually Brunei is almost same like Malaysia.

    By Blogger Dragon City, at 2:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home