Job Interview Tip

I'd been through a lot of job interviews and also interview a lot people in the past few years. When I said a lot, I really means a lot.

Job interview is a very important process as it will decide whether you are getting the job or not. No matter what is your GPA and how many years experience you have, if you failed the interview, you are OUT.

But how many interviewer really know what question to ask in the interview session?
Most of them will be asking stupid question.

One of the most stupid question is "How do you see yourself 5 years from now?"

Crap!! What do you want the candidate to answer you? What is your response if they answer you "I want to take over your Manager position". ?

So finally I'd made a conclusion on what to answer for this question.

Interviewer : "How do you see yourself 5 years from now?"
Me : "Sorry, am I applying for Fortune Teller post? How do I know what going to happen 5 years from now?"

Related Posts with Thumbnails

9 Comments:

  • they just want to see if you're ambitious, driven, and motivated. at least that's what my dad says. he's been in HR for quite a while.

    By Blogger Ihsan Khairir, at 12:59 AM  

  • haha but your answer is not convincing la.. like ihsan said, they wanna see how motivated and pumped up you are for the job!

    kenwooi.com

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:46 PM  

  • I like your header picture. The Moo Moo and Penguin are so cute. By the way, you should really answer that question nicely.

    By Blogger Little Ms Midnight, at 4:46 PM  

  • Agree with you!!!

    I think there's another one... "Tell me about yourself" question...

    I personally feel this is the most ambigous question ... and stupid too... but generally, it is one of the most general question...

    If you think about it... that question has no ending... and I also think about when I should stop explaining... am I suppose to tell them about my personal life too...

    Interviewer used to ask me... I always had the damn urge to tell them... "I like to have sex in the morning, preferably 9 am, takes a nice dump, have a nice dim sum breakfast, last night i slept with the most beautiful girl in the whole wide world and so on..."

    Why can't the interviewer put it this way, "What have you done previously on your last job? or Can you describe what was your job role"... you know something more "make sense"...

    hahahaha... my 2 cents... "Tell me about yourself"

    By Blogger william wilstroth, at 7:43 PM  

  • when the interviewers ask you 'tell me about yourself' kind of question, it shows that they're not ready to interview you. They would ask random questions based on whatever you've told them.

    By Blogger Huda Engku, at 11:30 AM  

  • Ihsan, yes, understand that. But the candidate can simply lie about it right? = p

    Kenwooi, haha.. of courselar, that answer is just for fun. = )

    ChiliCrab, thanks thank, I like your nick, it make me hungry. Haha.

    William, 110% agreed with you!! They should ask question that is related to the job. If they want to know about your personality, they should use the real professional personality test question set.

    Huda, good point. I also think so. = )

    By Blogger Dragon City, at 7:47 PM  

  • Aiseh why so serious la everyone...it's meant to be a fun post whut hahaha. good one man! but i hope u didn't really say that! xD

    By Anonymous EVo, at 9:13 AM  

  • Evo, yalor, it suppose to be a joke. Look like I'm not a good joker. Haha

    By Blogger Dragon City, at 2:01 AM  

  • To answer you above question...You should answer that it is an uncertain world and one can't predict what is going to happen. However, my hope is that i will have contributed to the success of the company and growth both personally and professionally within my position.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home