Bamboo Charcoal Bread - Can eat or not?



Ok, first of all, this is not a piece of *SHIT*.
Commercially it is call "Bamboo Charcoal Bread".

I was first introduce to this charcoal bread few years back by one of my ex-colleague.

Me (saw my colleague's charcoal bread) : Aiks, why your bread turn all black?
Me again : Still can eat mer?
My Colleague : Can lar, why not? This is called charcoal bread, you don't know mer.
Me : Charcoal is eatable? You sure or not?
My Colleague : Sure can, some more it is good for your heath.
Me : Hmm.. For me anything to do with charcoal got to do with cause of cancel.
My Colleague : =.="

Well, I really thought that anything to do with charcoal (over burn) will cause cancer if we consume it, and I still do.



I totally forget about this charcoal bread until my trip back to Sarawak last 2 weeks. We came in to one of the bread shop at Sibu and saw this charcoal bread. Mum and Christine bought one each of it.



I tasted a bit and it taste weird. Don't know how to explain it but doesn't feel good. So the first thing I do when I got access to the net, I Googled it.

Some information I found on wiki.
  • Bamboo charcoal is made up from pieces of bamboo, which are taken from plants five years or older, and burned inside an oven at temperatures over 800° C
  • Bamboo charcoal has a long history in China and has been documented as early as 1486 AD during the Ming Dynasty
  • Bamboo charcoal is mainly used as fuel for cooking and drying tea in China and Japan.
  • Bamboo charcoal can be used for purifying water, eliminating organic impurity substances and smells.
  • Bamboo charcoal vinegar can be used to expel smell, kill bacteria, keep health and to nourish facial and body skin
Wow, seems to be it really eatable and good for our heath.
But I think they really need to improve the look of the bread.
At least don't make it in all black color, so gross.



So as conclusion, Bamboo Charcoal Bread is eatable. ^_^

Related Posts with Thumbnails

10 Comments:

  • If it's taste good, I don't mind eating black buns. However, they look like black sesame buns.

    By Anonymous hyperX, at 11:04 PM  

  • wow.. i dunno about it lol.. it looks weird o.O!

    By Blogger Unknown, at 10:17 AM  

  • where to get this bun? i wanna try!

    By Blogger Racheal Tan, at 3:58 PM  

  • woah. interesting.
    never seen a black bun like that before.

    By Blogger jaemyc, at 4:01 PM  

  • lol charcoal bread?? looks like sh*t leh.. hahahaa..

    reply: yeah, that's me on the bench! =P

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:41 PM  

  • How you make mom eat that? i dont think mom will eat that.. hahahha

    By Blogger IamJimmy, at 6:51 PM  

  • hyperX, the taste really weird.

    nesca, it taste more weird than it look.

    Rachel, I bought this one from Sibu but if not mistaken they do sell it at S-Bread at MidValley.

    Jaemy, Me too. First time. Hehe

    Kenwooi, Oh, it is you. I tot you simply take other ppl photo. hehe

    Jimmy, she just took a bite, not sure she finish the bun or not. = )

    By Blogger Dragon City, at 1:06 AM  

  • Don't look appetizing for me lol

    By Blogger Cassandra, at 10:42 AM  

  • Cassandra, True. That is why they really need to improve the outlook of the bun.

    By Blogger Dragon City, at 7:33 PM  

  • honestly, never seen any one eating bamboo charcoal in China. Purifying water yes.. but not eat.. :P

    By Blogger ekoay, at 1:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home